Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The giver

1. Would you want your future to be decided by others? Why or Why not?

I would never want my future to be decided by others for a lot of reasons. I don't think it would be fair to have your whole future decided by one person because they could choose if it would be really good or really bad. Jonas does not know any different than having his future decided but he knows why he likes his job and why he does not like his job. If my life would have been all set out and decided for me I would be really concerned because if it was bad, you would live the rest of your life knowing what bad things were going to happen.

If my future was chosen by others I would be sad because I would not have any choices of my own. Also life would not be an adventure because it would just be a cycle decided by some random person. If there was a no decision based on my action life would just be an order that would go on for ninety years. Those are the reasons why I would not like my future to be decided by others.

1 comment:

  1. This is a good post because it shows what you think and feel about the idea of others deciding your future. You've given examples to even back up your ideas and thus I've learned a lot about what you think about it. And also the way you've explained your ideas were excellent.

    ReplyDelete