Monday, September 13, 2010

A Time When I Showed Courage

When I was 4 years old I lived in Taipei. On the weekends my dad used take me on his bike to Wulai and on the top of the mountain there was a cable car. It looked very fun but I've always been afraid of heights so there was no way I was going to try it but my dad tried really hard to convince me. It had bugged me from that day that I was afraid to go on the cable car.

During the next few months I refused to go on. One morning I was up and ready to overcome my fear, so I told my dad lets go on that cable. My dad was very surprised so he said are you sure and I nodded so we went. So when it was my turn to go into the cable car I gulped and I felt like fainting but I had a feeling that I had to do this. so I ran into the cable car and closed my eyes.

In the cable car a million thoughts came to my mind what will happen?, will I survive? and it felt like I had butterflies in my stomach. At that moment I took a deep breath and I thought to myself whats the worst thing that could happen?, but then I heard a bunch of noises from the roof and I thought that's the worst thing that could happen.

At that moment my dad said were here and i asked what were those noises and he said that was a man going by with a trolley. I felt like I had climbed Mount Everest or K.O Mike Tyson and at that second I felt like I had courage and I  had overcame my fear of heights.

Since then I've always wanted go on cable cars with my dad and when I was in Singapore for the first time I said lets go on the Singapore Flyer and my dad said no thank you and I said so you don't have the courage?

No comments:

Post a Comment